Saturday, January 30, 2010

dedicated to the Man

when i havent even exist,
you did the greatest thing ever,
you met mummy.

when i was inside mummy,
you videotaped how i was behaving,
one word : lazy
and everyday, you anticipate for even my slightest movements.

when i was a baby,
you did everything,
from changing the diapers, to bathing me, to washing my poo poo..
and mummy would stand there and realise, what a great husband i just married.

when i was a toddler,
you and mummy would take turns sending me to kindergarten,
and i everytime, i would stand and the entrance, eyes red and filled with tears,
and at the end of the day, i would come back with a huge smile on my face.

when i was a kid,
creating problems would be my no.1 to-do-list,
and i was everyone's pain-in-the-ass,
but when no one was there for me,
you were.

when i was an adolescent,
everything went wrong for me,
endless troubles fall upon me,
i was disturbed,
and you came, and cleared everything for me.

when i was a teenager,
raging hormones haunted me,
constant argues slowly drifted us apart,
as usual, you'll keep all the arguments at the back of your head,
and at the end of the day, everything is back to normal.

he fell,
he tumbled,
he lost,
he crushed,
and he told me,
he warned me,
so that the mistakes wont be repeated.

and now,
everything is still normal, except for one thing,
i realized, what a great dad i have..


'Any man can be a father. It takes someone special to be a dad.'
-- Author Unknown



Happy Birthday Daddy!





from Russia, with lots of love,
-stillatstake-





at least i know,
i have a shoulder to cry on,
a special someone to fall back on,
and most importantly,
i have the first and only man,
for me to love..

No comments:

Post a Comment